Thursday, March 8, 2012

One Sweet Challenge; Creative Inspirations;

Hi all!

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

One Sweet Challenge had us doing monochromatic projects for their March challenge.

Creative Inspirations challenge #153 was to use only the colors green and white (plus hair and skin tones).

Crafty Creations challenge #160  was to use stripes. I made my background using my scor-pal. I scored several lines on a piece of white card stock, and then went over them with Memento in Bamboo Leaves and and then sponged in Tim Holtz distress ink in Shabby Shutters. I was trying to go for stripes but it ended up looking like wood, lol. Still, the embossed stripes are there so I hope they count.

Do You Stack Up DYSU #62 had a "go green theme". We could have recycled stuff or just used the color green. I went with the green :)

Pixie Dust Studio challenge #117 had a "show us your Irish". We could interpret this however we wanted. I chose to use the color green as my interpretation. 



Here's my card:



I sprayed the main image panel with Glimmer Mist. Also added a green rub-on flower to her hair and a rhinestone on the center of it. 

supplies used:
stamps: Papertrey Ink- Mega Mixed Messages; ching-chou kuik- purple comfort
ink: Memento in Bamboo Leaves and Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz distress ink in Shabby Shutters
Copic colors: 0, C00, YG03, YG17, YG67, G07, G20, E25, E27, E29, E50, E51, E53, E55
card stock: Die Cuts With a View textured green; Georgia Pacific white
patterned paper: unknown stitched paper with faux texture
accessories: Dazzling Diamonds glimmer mist; Stampin' Up! Love and Happiness rub-on; Darice finishing accents adhesive jewels; Fiskars scallop edge punch; Scor-Pal

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, and def yes the stripes do count! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful. I love the stamp. :-)
    Come over to my blog and find some more fun stamps to use and challenges to do. :-)
    http://digidarlas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so beautiful. I love the stamp. :-)
    Come over to my blog and try my stamps and challenges. Join the fun. :-)
    http://digidarlas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sweet image. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful sweet image. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful thanks for playing at CI hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHat a great card!!!! Thanks so much for joining us over at Pixie Dust Studio!

    ReplyDelete