Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bling it On; Sweet Stampin' Challenge; allsorts; The Stamping Boutique; Totally Gorjuss; Do You Stack Up; PaperPlay Weekly

Hi all!

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Bling it On had a birthday challenge but we also had to use shades of lilac.

Sweet Stampin' Challenge wanted us to use lots of layers. They also gave us an optional sketch to play with. I followed the sketch pretty closely and I think there's 9 layers not counting the card base.

allsorts challenge #145 was to use flowers. I added 5 prima flowers to my card.

The Stamping Boutique challenge #28 is to use pearls and swirls. I used My Favorite Things fancy flourish die and also used half-back adhesive pearls.

Totally Gorjuss challenge #122 is an anything goes with a button. I used three buttons on my card as flower centers.

Do You Stack Up challenge #62 is "go green". We could interpret that how we chose, including recycling or just using the color green. One of the panels I used on my card is a piece of a printed paper bag I got in the UK when I bought a few pieces of jewelry from a booth at a mall in Cambridge. Please scroll down for the pic of the remnants of the bag.

PaperPlay also had a recycle it challenge. One of the panels I used on my card is a piece of a printed paper bag I got in the UK when I bought a few pieces of jewelry from a booth at a mall in Cambridge. Please scroll down for the pic of the remnants of the bag.


Now for pics:



A pic of what's left of the recycled printed paper bag. I used the piece of bag on the layer to the left and beneath the front lilac card stock layer. Sponged the white doily with a Colorbox ink and then used the distress ink on the edges. Some of the flowers are also sponged with the lilac ink.


supplies used:
stamps: Lolli Anya by The Greeting Farm; Urban Design- communique curves sentiments
ink: Memento in Tuxedo Black; unknown lilac Colorbox ink; Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen
Copic colors: E000, E00, E42, E43, E44, V91, V93, V95, RV23
card stock: Georgia Pacific white; Papertrey Ink- kraft, lavender moon, plum pudding; Stampin' Up! lavender moon and unknown lilac
patterned paper: Daisy D's love letters
accessories: buttons from stash; coarse twine; Prima flowers; white doily; My Favorite Things-  fancy flourish Die-Namics; adhesive pearls; Fiskars corner rounder; Fiskars scallop edge punch; paisley Cuttlebug embossing folder

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty, lovely work.

    Thanks so much for joining in our Say it with Flowers theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is very fun and sweet! I love the image you've used and the buttons and dainty pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week with your pretty card.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS! LOVE all of the girly elements like the flowers, pearls, and doily and Anya is ADORABLE! Thanks so much for playing along with us at DYSU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou for joining in with the Allsorts Challenge with week and good luck! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really sweet. Love that image you've used and your design is absolutely fab. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! Thanks for joining us at Bling it On this time, hope to see you next time too
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete