Thursday, March 8, 2012

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday

Hi all!

This is my card for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #159, FTT159. There was a photo for inspiration and we were supposed to use at least three colors from it. I grabbed as many as I could- I matched the greens to Copic colors YG11 and YG45 and used those for my leaves and grass, the brown on the hemp to E71 and combined that with E70 and E74 for the bunnies, the brown on the metal keys I matched to E27 and used that on the tree branches, matched the orange rose petals to Y38 and the cage to Y15 and used those colors on the flowers, and R22 to the peachy color on the double tone petals and used that on my bunny ears.
So that's a total of 7 colors I grabbed from the photo.

Here's my card:

This card is for a card request. I jotted down the address and the name of the recipient, but I don't even remember where I read the request from! It's for a lady named Karen Saalfield and I know she was going through rough times and could use a card to cheer her up, but that's all I remember. I really should jot down that along with the address next time :S 

The card looked so white that I added some faux stitching and a frame around the stamped sentiment on the middle. 

And guess who forgot to mask the inside of the card before coloring the outside? So I had to add another panel of white card stock on the inside to cover the ink that had bled. I know this wouldn't have happened if I had used a scrap or the thicker Neenah card stock, but lesson learned. 

supplies used:
stamps: Flourishes- Spring Has Sprung
ink: Memento in Tuxedo Black
Copic colors: 0, E27, E70, E71, E74, R22, Y15, Y38, YG11, YG45, multiliner 0.03 and 0.8
card stock: Georgia Pacific white

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is sweet. I love how you used the leaves from the nest stamp to create some leafy green interest opposite the bunnies. Darling card!

    ReplyDelete