Thursday, December 15, 2011

SBVC168

   Hi all! This page was made for this week's Scrapbook Variety Challenge over at splitcoaststampers.com, challenge #168.

   For our challenge, we were to go to this cookware page and choose a plate for inspiration.The plate I chose was this one.

Here is the page I made:


   This creamy card stock is Stampin Up! It came in one of those neutrals 12x12 packs, so I'm not sure of the name of the color. This was bought before the renovation, so I'm not sure the color is even around anymore. As for the green and red card stock, I don't know the brand because they were bought as loose sheets at a scrapbook supply store. They're most definitely not Bazzil because these were very thin sheets. Bazzil is usually a thicker card stock than these. 

   I drew myself the holly leaves and berries and using a ruler I drew some lines for the journaling. For those I used a Copic multiliner in 0.5 size. The coloring was done using Copics #R27, YG17 and YG67.

   The cream circle was cut using a plate as a stencil, but then I remembered I have 2 cricuts, hehe, so I used a template from the imagine to cut a quick circle. I used the fit to page option. In case you didn't know, the imagine comes with built-in templates you can use even if you don't have a shape cartridge inserted. They have some basic pretty shapes which resemble some nestabilities, which is something to keep in mind if you can't afford buying every single set of nestabilities out there. I'll be honest. A cricut is a real time saver. It took all of 1 minute to pick the shape, size it to my needs and then have the machine cut it. The one cut by hand took more time and loads more work *wink*.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment