Saturday, December 24, 2011

masculine feel better

Hi all!

  I am sorry I have not posted for a while. My old camera died and I lost the pics on it, as I can't even retrieve them when I insert the memory card to my computer. I'm not sure what happened there. Thankfully there weren't all that many of them, except for some Christmas cards and some pics of my dogs that I'd been meaning to take to have them developed. This makes me start thinking of getting an external hard drive.

   I have a new camera now which I bought used and I hope it works out. I've played around with it and it takes amazing pics.

Here's one:



   This is an A2 card. 
I covered a white 2"x 5" rectangle in Versamagic- Wheat ink, and then stamped Verve's leafy branch stamp (I'm not sure of the name, but the number on the back is VS-09-PJ025) several times with blues and greens. To finish that off I stamped a script background stamp on it using Versamark Dazzle in frost. I matted that onto PTI kraft card stock and that onto PTI dark chocolate card stock. Then I ran a piece of the kraft card stock through the big shot using the Traffic Jam cuttlebug embossing folder. I gently patted it with the inks I had used to stamp the leafy branch, and matted it onto the brown card stock. Then I adhered it onto the blue card base, and adhered the long rectangle onto it. I stamped a sentiment from Verve's Heartfelt Phrases, and drew three dots under it with a fine-tip brown pen. Since the card was still looking a bit bland, I added paper piercing using a tracing wheel. It works well for the paper pierced look but it doesn't quite pierce holes completely, so I won't use that for stitching. I want something which will save me the effort of having to then pierce the holes myself. 

Supplies: 
Ink: Versamagic- Aloe Vera, Aspen Mist, Niagara Mist, Wheat
Memento- Rich Cocoa
Tim Holtz Distress Inks- Tumbled Glass, Peeled paint
Versamark Dazzle- Frost

Stamps: Verve- Heartfelt Phrases, Leafy Branch (VS-09-PJ025)
Stampabilities- Le London Script

Accesories- tracing wheel, brown fine tip pen, Traffic Jam cuttlebug embossing folder

Paper: Papertrey Ink- Kraft, Dark Chocolate; Georgia Pacific white; unknown blue card stock


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment