Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Papertake Weekly

Hi all! This is my entry for Papertake Weekly's getting krafty challenge. Very simple challange- we were to use kraft card stock somewhere on our creation. I chose to use it as my card base.

Here's my card:


Isn't it darling?! I bought that huge stamp by Our Daily Bread Designs recently, but I was struggling on how to use it. After many discarded attempts, I just stamped it using Versafine black ink onto white card stock (my versafine onyx black ink pad fell apart after inking up this huge stamp so often and so vigorously :( !), then colored the white with some ink pads and also using the ink applicator tool. Then I colored the tree. To my delight, I found this stamped image of an Edwin on my stash. To my dismay, I don't have more of those :( I think this will have to go to my wishlist because adding him to the ODBD collage stamp and coloring him just made for the perfect finishing touch. Just the colored collage looked so plain without the little colored Edwin. Oh, and I forgot to mention- during the first tries, I had inked up the stamp with Versamark Dazzle in frost before adding the black, and now as a result the actual stamped image shimmers beautifully, especially the tree! There's no way to catch it on a pic, but trust me, it's gorgeous in person.  

now for the supplies used:
stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs- Tree Collage; unknown Edwin image by Magnolia
ink: Versafine Onyx Black; Versamark Dazzle-Frost; VersaMagic in Wheat; Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap
Copic colors: let me try to make sense out of the mess of markers on my desk... I'll try to explain what I used on each part. The tree used G07, G24, G29, G82,G94, R24, Y00, Y15. On Edwin, I used 0 and G0000 on the wings. On hair, I used E37 and E57. Skin was R0000 and R00. Shirt, hat and shoes was C00, R24, R27 and R29. Bag was Y15, BG93 and BG96. Pants- I started off with W9, W7 and W5 but also added in C7 and C3.
card stock: Papertrey Ink- Pure Poppy, kraft; Neenah Solar White 80#

Thanks for looking!



1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card and look at you getting a good head start for next year! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete