Friday, February 3, 2012

Funky Scrap Page

Hi all!

I am entering this layout into the following challenges:

Cute Card Thursday challenge #202 was to use buttons and bows. I used two buttons- a stick flower shaped one through which I threaded twine and tied a bow on, and also a plastic pink heart button that I had to cut the back loop out of. I added another bow on the bottom right area made out of paper raffia.

Pixie Dust Studio had a girly girl theme. I think you'll agree my page does not et any more girly than mine, lol. Lots of flowers, girly colors and cuteness and the TGF image I used is super girly and adorable.

My Mum's Craft Shop challenge #42 had a fab and funky theme. I used a sentiment that says "absolutely fabulous", plus the designer paper is very funky. That's the whole inspiration behind the layout, actually. My starting point was this challenge. I chose this Sandylion paper that I was hoarding and went to town from there.

Prairie Fairy Fridays challenge #71 was an anything but a card challenge. I made a 12x12 scrapbook page. I'd like to point out that in the description of the challenge, the text says "welcome to challenge 72" so you guys might want to fix that to avoid confusion?

The Poodles Parlour had an anything goes challenge.

Do You Stack Up challenge #57 was also an anything goes. This is my second entry.

Delightful challenges wanted us to use punches and dies.  I used a Fiskars corner rounder punch, an EK success flower border punch, an embosslits cherry blossom die; a MgGill fern punch, nestabilities pennants die and also the labels 1 nestabilities, and My Favorite Things dainty dots Die-Namics. Take THAT, challenge! I owned you!

Enough goofing around. Here's my page:

Can I say wow? The colors are amazing on this pic because I used the flash, lol. Sadly, the rest of the pics did not photograph as well. These are the true colors. It's a very cool bright page!
There's space for 2 wallet sized prints on the center of the page.


A few close-ups:



This area is where the journaling goes.

supplies:
stamps: The Greeting Farm- Flutter Anya; Papertrey Ink- Mega Mixed Messages
ink: Memento in Tuxedo Black
Copic colors: clothes- YG01, YG03, YG23, RV34, YR18, V17, V25; hair- Y06, Y08; skin- E0000, E000, W0, R00
patterned paper: the colorful one is a Sandylion paper called Fairy Garden; the blue striped one came from scrap pile; the punched flower border is from an unknown mat stack; the striped orange flower on the corner of the stamped image is from a DCWV mat stack
card stock: base is an unknown textured dark pink; Colorbok- textured bright orange and yellow from pad; Stampin' Up- smooth blue and pink
accessories: Fiskars corner rounder punch; EK success flower border punch; Stampin' Up! Embosslits cherry blossom die; MgGill fern punch; nestabilities pennants die and also the labels 1 nestabilities; My Favorite Things dainty dots Die-Namics; hole punch (to punch out the dots for the centers of the punched flower border strips); thin petal flower or star (unsure how to describe!) button from stash; plastic pink heart button from stash; paper raffia white ribbon; Denim twine from The Twinery

Thanks for looking!
card stock:

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page hun, love the bright colours & layout!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout, love the papers and those sweet elements you've used. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week.
    Hugs
    Suzi DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a lovely bright and cheerful card its lovely. Thank you for joining us at delightful challenges good luck.
    Hugs Rachael x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Have a great weekend, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout. The colours are definatly fab and funky! Thank you for joining us at MMCS this week.
    Trudie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning card. Thanks for joining us over at 'The Poodles Parlour'. Best of luck.

    Elke XX

    ReplyDelete