Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Operation Priceless

This card will be for a card drive going on at Mission Possible's website for Operation Priceless.
It is very easy to cooperate- just send a card or cards, handmade. They can be from your stash. No need to send an envelope, as these will be inside care packages. They just need the cards to add to care packages which they will be giving out. Inside, you just write or print out and attach one of the phrases included in theSpanish or Creole leaflets on the inside of the card. No need to write anything else, just one of the phrases. You can sign them if you'd like to. Just please keep in mind to not use any images which could be taken as offensive due to the cultural difference. In the links provided, there's info on which images not to use. I am going on the safe side and using animal images. You could also use floral images or nature images or perhaps toy images. And please use strong adhesive, as the destination of these cards is hot and humid. I live in the Caribbean myself and have had problems with layers coming clean off, but since switching to ATG Scotch tape that has not happened. 

Here's my card: 


I used scraps lying around in my desk! The strips of PTI's Plum Pudding were lying around about to be thrown out because I cut them 1" wide instead of 3/4" when making a card yesterday. Lucky me, I did not throw them out right away and then decided to use them for this card. That pink layer is the very last bit out of a 12x12 Scrappy Cat patterned paper sheet. You have probably noticed me using it on the last few cards :) I'm trying to keep at it once I cut into a sheet, because my scrap basket is starting to overflow and my naughty puppy does not need much encouragement to do mischief. In fact, that corner detail with the ribbon was because of her! She stole a spool of that ribbon and tore off the cardboard. But it's OK, it encouraged me to use the ribbon instead of putting it away. The bad part is she also tore up the cardboard spool of a 30 foot ribbon. Sigh. Imagine the tangle she left.

supplies used: 
stamps: bunnies digi by Meljen's Designs. It's a freebie which can be found here.
patterned paper: Scrappy Cat- Glamour Pink
card stock: Georgia Pacific white; Papertrey Ink- Plum Pudding 
Copic colors: B00, B01, B12, V06, V15, V25, RV14, BG11, BG23, G0000, Y06, Y08, YG13, YG23, E57
accessories: light purple grosgrain ribbon

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment