Saturday, January 14, 2012

Card Patterns sketch 148

Hi all!

As promised, a card with a stamp other than the beautiful orchids *smile*
I was so tempted, though, as I saw a pic online of green orchids which would have gone wonderfully with the colors I used but I gave you my word.

I made this card for the challenge over at the Card Patterns blog, sketch #148. They feature sketches every Saturday.

I liked the colors they used on the sketch so much that I took them for my card! So the sketch provided double the inspiration- the layout and the color scheme.

Here's my card:

The sketch has lots of potential for a beautiful frilly girly card but I needed a masculine birthday card this time. 

Supplies:
stamps: My Favorite Things sentiment from the You're so Tweet set; Duck image by Verve Stamps from the Lucky Ducky set; brick background by Prima
ink: Memento in Tuxedo Black; Colorbox in Lime
card stock: Georgia Pacific white; Colorbok textured black and lime green
accessories: My Favorite Things- Dainty Dots die-namics; Fiskars scallop edge punch; circle and scallop circle nestabilities; McGill fern punch

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Love your card and the fact that you used the colours too!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete